[X-SW] Setting up WPA?

Rad Craig rad at inductionconcepts.com
Sat May 28 08:28:22 PDT 2005

I have a US Robotics wireless router and an Aria Extreme PCMCIA card
in my Pismo.  Both are 802.11g.

I have been running it for quite some time, the setup works great.

I would like to turn on the encryption, but can't find anywhere in
OSX.4.1 to setup the keys.  How is this done?  On my thinkpad
(running 125Mbps), there is a utility that comes with the USR
wireless card that allows me to configure it (thinkpad) and I can
configure the router via a web browser from any machine, so I can
setup everything except my Pismo.

I've looked in the Airport Admin Utility and the Airport Setup
Assistant and they either won't find my access point or there is no
place I've seen to configure the WEP.  Mainly they won't finishThe AP
does show up in different places though, obviously, I'm using it
right now on this Pismo.  Because it's not an actual 'airport' base
station, it doesn't all fit together as smoothly I guess.

I upgraded my router (firmware) and the USR wireless card in my
Thinkpad last night and now they both have WPA capability (and
125Mbps).  I would much rather have this than WEP, I'm assuming you
set them both up in the same area...the area I haven't been able to
get to or find yet.

Suggestions?

Rad...