[X-SW] Wonky iCal

Bob Salsburg listres at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 20 06:57:38 PDT 2006

iCal and I have been round a few times in the last two several weeks.
iCal is winning. Grrrrr!!!

Previously, I had used one of Zapptek's apps to set another client to
handle ical invitations. In order to change back to Mail as default,
iCal must be reinstalled. I did that and reapplied the combo updater
(Tiger).

I backed up the calendars using the command in iCal. The next day,
iCal wouldn't start. I pulled everything methodically. Turned out to
be something in the cache. Upon restarting there were the default
Home and Work calendars. I restored the back up.

Now the Calendar list displays nothing. I can see items for the
various calendars by displaying search results and the calendars
appear on the Calendar list in an item info disply, so I know the
restore worked.

Two other weird behaviors: If I click the Day button, the main iCal
window resizes to about 50%. And, when I start Mail, iCal starts too.

Any thoughts on returning proper behavior?

Bob