[X-SW] Flash compiling takes forever...

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Jan 15 14:09:41 PST 2006

I'm using Flash 8, OS X 10.4.3. At some point my .fla file started
taking f o r e v e r to compile. I changed nothing, added nothing
big. The only thing I did was add radiobutton components. I removed
them. I also went throughout the document and removed all the
actionscript. Nothing. I don't remember if the long compile time
happened after or before the components.

The document is all vector, one font embedded throughout (Futura).
The only effect is a drop shadow below a button using stepped vector
objects - I could try removing this object. I'm not using an "effect"
because I am targeting Flash 6.

Images are loaded via xml - not embedded.

4 frames

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John