[X-SW] Hooking up Virtual PC

Lawrence Klinger zzippy at cox.net
Mon Jan 23 13:05:41 PST 2006

> At 6:44 PM -0700, 1/17/06, Lawrence Klinger wrote:
>
>> It seems Virtual PC's  "Wizard" is only geared to help when the user
>> has a telephone line hookup.  It has no provision (that I can find) for
>> an Ethernet/Cable arrangement.
>
> On a PC, this means that there is no existing port configured for
> TCP/IP. If this was a real PC, I'd add a Network LAN connection in
> the Control Panels\.
====================================

Many thanks to Richard, Carlos and Robert for their input.

I tried the suggestions all of  you made, but without any positive results -
at least not initially.  Then I just let VPC "rest" for a few days - didn't
do anything with it.

Now when I tried VPC today - Voila!  The internet hookup worked, and I
haven't a clue as to what made the difference, it just works. Being one who
lets sleeping dogs lie, I will just be grateful to all of you and
"providence" for my good fortune.  Hooray.

Thanks again to all.

Zippy