[X-SW] Mail message display

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 27 06:10:52 PDT 2007

	Mail is trying to do me a service but screwing up.  I'd like to get
it to stop trying.

	Mail will sometimes display a message already scrolled down to new
material, skipping the quoted material above.  To see the quoted
material, I have to scroll back up again.   I don't like this.  Often
I want to see the quoted material first to know what the person is
talking about.  Even if I wanted Mail to do what it's trying to do,
it's doing a lousy job and makes all kinds of mistakes about where
new material is.

	Is there a preference somewhere that I can change to keep it from
doing this?  If not, is there a way to change some file so Mail will
quit trying to be so helpful and let me do my own scrolling?

	TIA

							Peter