[X-SW] Mail line endings

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 13:37:52 PST 2007

	I've been having a problem in Mail with spacing and line endings.
I've got to get it solved because I have to send out some e-mails
that must look right.

	If I try to paste anything into a message, it looks right before
sent, but when I see the message after sent (like on a mailing list),
many line endings are wrong:  lots of short lines, sometimes only one
word.  Also words will run together, usually about once per line.
The problem is the Mail does not convert line endings to spaces.  Or
it converts some and misses some.

	I had assumed at first that the problem came because I was pasting
from Word.  I have noticed, however, it happens even when I paste
from another mail message or move a paragraph in the same message.

	I tried various tasks under Services that looked promising.  I tried
"remove line ending."  Didn't work.  I tried "convert to Mac line
endings."  Didn't help.  I tried "reformat."  That helped a little.
The problem is less pronounced, but still there.

	What's the secret here.  It seems an odd problem.  Do other people
have this?

	TIA

							Peter