[X-HW] Needing IDE/ATA cable dual 867

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at metagrafix.com
Thu Dec 12 06:44:07 PST 2002

Quoting "Philip J. Robar" <philip.robar at myrealbox.com>:

> On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 06:55  AM, Erik Gilchrist wrote:
>
> > I seem to have pinched my ATA cable ...
> >
> > On the sticker affixed to the current bad cable, it has:
> >
> > Apple part number 590-5136 Rev. A
> > Foxconn part number FC80K17-00 0222
> >
> > Does anyone have a source to order this exact cable? ...
>
> Why do you want the exact same cable? Any Ultra66 or better cable will
> work. If it makes you feel better buy the over-priced name brand $10-20
>
> cable instead of the no-name $5 cable.
>
> Phil

Phil,

Good point, but I ordered from Small Dog and the OEM cable is preformed to fit
the multiple bendsfor the cable's path from mobo to drives. If this were and old
'beater' machine (of which I have many), then i would not hesitate to just run
down to the local PC shop and get one.  But this dual 867 is my 'baby' ;-)

Thanks to all who have responded on and off list.  Great resource!

Erik Gilchrist
mailto:erikgil at metagrafix.com