[X-HW] recommendations for firewire enclosures

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Thu Dec 12 21:03:30 PST 2002

As I understand it, the preference/control panel looks for bootable
partitions and then determines if they are in a bootable environment.

I got a FW/USB 2.0 combo card so I would have a PCI slot left. (I have
ATI 7000 and a SCSI card in addition.) USB 1.1 devices seem noticeably
faster on the USB 2.0 bus, btw. Specifically, iSync to my USB Palm and
USB Bluetooth to Sony Ericsson phone is probably twice as fast.