[X-HW] recommendations for firewire enclosures

Don Montalvo dmjgraphics at nyc.rr.com
Mon Dec 16 20:55:31 PST 2002

CompUSA here in NYC offers an Oxford 911 enclosure (with fan and
internal power supply) for $60. I've got clients set up with this
enclosure and Western Digital 80/100/120G drives. I know, choice of
HD brands is personal...but they're fine for my clients' use(s). Fast
and quiet.

PS, I would never purchase an external Firewire enclosure that
doesn't include an internal fan...they burn up pretty fast.

:)
Don

>Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:06:28 -0600
>From: Eugene Lee <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net>
>Subject: [X-HW] recommendations for firewire enclosures
>
>Does anyone have any recommendations for Firewire enclosures to put in
>hard drives?  Speed is important, as well as minimal/no issues with OS X
>(but if there, good firmware updates are nice).  Right now, I'm looking
>at the Mercury Elite Pro from OWC, which uses the Oxford 911 chipset and
>claims to handle ATA-6 mechanism for hard drives larger than 128 GB.
>Any recommendations are appreciated!
>

>--
>Eugene Lee
>eugene at fsck.net

Don Montalvo		Home: 212-307-7753
747 Tenth Avenue	Cell: 917-559-5713
Apartment 28i		Email: dmjgraphics at nyc.rr.com
New York, NY		URL: http://donmontalvo.com
10019			AIM: donmontalvo

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him
  to hold in higher regard those who think alike than
     those who think differently."   -- Nietzsche