[X-HW] recommendations for firewire enclosures

Charles J. Thompson charlesjt at cox.net
Wed Dec 18 07:24:41 PST 2002

At 12:23 PM +0700 12/18/02, Robert Nicholson wrote:
>OWC one that you can order from trans international. Very reliable.
>
>It's the one in the clear plastic container with the rounded sides.
>
>Make sure you get a dual voltage power supply. Trans International
>supply with those.
>
>That's what I use.

Robert,

There is no mention of Trans International on the OWC.com web site.
There is a product there called "OWC Mercury Elite FireWire Case
Kit".  Is that the one to which you were referring?

That one has 120-240 volt auto-switching, but has an external power
adapter.  Does yours?  I'd sure like to find one with an internal
power supply.

I also checked on http://www.TransIntl.com/ but there is no mention
of empty firewire enclosures there.

Cheers!