[X-HW] Ethernet Transfer Rates - Continued (Gigabit)

Vard Nelson vnelson at detectgeo.com
Thu Dec 19 09:18:56 PST 2002

A further note of clarification, specifically regarding ethernet Gigabit
transfer.  Hardware involved:  2 modern (933 Mhz) machines, crossover cable
(no switch), OS 9.2, Apple built-in Gigabit ethernet.  Time to transfer 1.86
GB file, 11 minutes (= 22 Megabits/sec).

Any ideas??  The website mentioned lists transfer rates of 3x this for 100
Mb ethernet and other Mac platforms.

Thanks again.

- Vard