[X-HW] Ethernet Transfer Rates - rsyncX??

Vard Nelson vardster at wt.net
Sun Dec 22 09:45:45 PST 2002

Thanks for the suggestion, but what is "rsyncX" and how does one "ftp?"
"ftp client?"  We are a pretty simple shop!  I am familiar with
"drag-and-drop"

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

- Vard

> c) All file transfer protocols are not created equal.

Very true.  When transferring large amounts of data from one OS X
system to another, I prefer to either use rsync (rsyncX) or ftp
(whatever your favorite ftp client may be), as I find them to be faster
than AFP.  In fact, even when grabbing data from mounted CD's or DVD's,
I prefer to rsync (rsyncX) it off, as it is not only faster, but does
it in a more "orderly" fashion than the Finder,  resulting in much less
disc access noise coming from my machine.

But, this is my experience and opinion only.  YMMV