Firewire

Nick Adams njadams711 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 26 14:52:28 PST 2002

Hi,

Can someone explain this to me?

I am using a rev 1 B&W G3/450
OS 10.2.2

When I boot up in terminal (Command S) I get the following message
among the other info on the screen:

PCI Lynx rev id:2
AppleLynx: Powering on Firewire
AppleLynx: Wait for PHYPower (0) PHY is Dead!
AppleLynx: Wait for PHYPower (0) PHY is Dead!
AppleLynx: Wait for PHYPower (0) PHY is Dead!
Local Firewire GUID = 0x502ff:oxfeb162b5
devfs enabled

Does this mean that my Firewire is not working?
Is there any other way to check out the Firewire bus without using a
firewire device?

I would like to purchase a Firewire hard drive, but I am not sure it
will work.

I have heard stories that rev 1 B&W G3's had problems with firewire.

TIA

Nick