[X-HW] Weird 15" LCD display problem

David Flory daflory at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 20 07:39:00 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 06:45  AM, Jim Robertson wrote:

> ....Yesterday his monitor image suddenly inverted (looks like a b/w or
> color negative, depending on how he sets preferences for the monitor)

> One possible clue: he says he "might" have inadvertently tapped one of
> the
> keyboard's F-keys just before this happened. However, we don't have any
> add-on software loaded that does things with the F-keys.

It's likely that he hit Control-Option-Command-* which  inverses the
screen image. It's a toggle so the same key stroke combination should
change it back. It explains this in the Universal Access settings part
of the Keyboard Preferences pane.
--
Check out the marine mammals @
<http://homepage.mac.com/dflory/Menu5.html>