[X-HW] WebCams

John E. Bowen jbowen79 at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 4 07:05:50 PST 2003

Hi Jim,

You might check out IOExperts. Their idea is that sure, there are
several nice, inexpensive webcams, because the companies stinted on
good drivers. So rather than buy a $100 camera, buy a $50 (or less)
camera, ignore the CD that comes with it and use the $20 driver
software from IOExperts.

I haven't tried it, but I like their approach. It has a trial version
which works for 30 days. They have versions for FireWire and for USB.

<http://www.ioxperts.com/usbwebcam.html>

<http://www.ioxperts.com/dcam.html>

Good luck,

John