[X-HW] Rant: These Bloody Ventilators!!!

Kevin Stevens Kevin_Stevens at pursued-with.net
Sun Jan 5 12:31:48 PST 2003

On Sunday, Jan 5, 2003, at 09:29 US/Pacific, Morgan Reed wrote:

> If you think your mac is loud, try a P4 or an Athalon.  Holy Crap! you
> have
> to bury the machine in sound deadening to hear yourself think.  If
> noise is
> important to you, expect to buy a much more expensive case for your
> PC, plus
> more expensive fans.

Many people generalize.  A Dell tower (don't know the model number
offhand) we use for customers is remarkably quiet.

For the OP, I saw an announcement about MacExpo that said there would
be a vendor there selling replacement cases/PSs for the "wind tunnel"
Macs.  Check out the info next week and see what you find.

KeS