[X-HW] CD Burning for older Macs

Jens Selvig jjsiii at montana.net
Fri Nov 28 08:42:28 PST 2003

I have been able to read CDs I have burned under Jaguar on PPC 7500,
PPC 8500 and performa 6400's. I normally used Toast but IRCC, I did do
some with the built in burning capabilities of Jaguar.

Have you tried different media? I recall some other users having issues
with some of the cheaper CD blank media available these days. Although
I have not run into any problems with any of the various blanks I've
used.

The CDs that you did in Windows were the same media as the ones burnt
on the Mac? Which hardware are you using to burn the CDs?

Jens

On Friday, November 28, 2003, at 07:32  AM, Evan Holt wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that CDs burnt in Jaguar or Panther aren't readable
> on old Performas? I can burn a CD in Windows and it will read on the
> Performa, so I don't think it has to do with the drive itself.

Jens Selvig
...lost in Montana...