[X-HW] G5 + Rocket Raid + 4 raptor 10 000

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 3 21:04:48 PST 2004

Hello

I have just installed in my G5 a Rocket Raid card 1820A.
Not wanting any problems with Apple support I have put 4 x Western
Digital Raptor 36 GB 10 000 rpm disks in an external Aluminium PC tower
from LIAN LI
http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?action=viewPD&prdid=1120

I have put the disk away from each other with at least a disk space
between them ( 2 in the disk compartiment, 1 in the 2.5 compartiment
and one in the 3.5 compartiment (where are the CD and DVD)
In this PC tower all  I have is the Power supply (400W) and 4 raptor.

The question is what temperature is acceptable in the tower and should
I add more fans (I have 3 , the one from the PSU and two in the front)

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Cyril

SPAMMERS you can remove all the  @Wanadoo addresses for you SPAM
Independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for Mac
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso
Petition :  “Support of the APPLE LaserWriter 300 in MAC OS X”
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Ap1c1/petition.html

Configurations :
G5 2x2 Ghz 3.5 GB Raid 0 of 160 GB + 2 FW 800 Lacie
G4/533 MP 1GB 40+80 GB + 74 GB Raid 0, RADEON 8500 + 2x22" Iiyama
Motu system including : PCI 324 + PCI 424 + 24i + 2048 MKII + 1296
Logic Control + 4 Logic Control XT
Midi interfaces : Stealth + OPCODE STUDIO 4 + MOTU MTP I ; USB EMAGIC
AMT 8