[X-HW] Canon or Nikon cameras and OS X

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Dec 12 17:59:50 PST 2004

I haven't done the cursory google search yet, but I was wondering if
anyone had any experience with either the Nikon D70 OR Canon EOD-20D,
and OS X. I'm specifically interested in using the camera control
software (does Nikon charge extra for it?), and getting a preview on my
computer (Ti PB G4).

Note the preview on the computer requirement - I have a Nikon 995 at
the moment, but would like to move up to something a bit more advanced,
with the ability of computer control+preview AND an interchangeable
lens. I do understand that both cameras have USB 2.0, and my laptop
does not (as of now...). I could technically move to an earlier
generation Canon or Nikon*, but generally have avoided that in my
technology purchases. I believe the Nikon has been out for a while now,
and could be due for a refresh "soon".

Thanks!