Adobe Creative Suite Installer crashes

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:12:07 PST 2004

At 5:52 AM -0800 1/26/04, Mac OS X Hardware wrote:

>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:31:48 -0800
>Subject: [X-HW]
>From: Jim Robertson <jamesrob at sonic.net>
>
><snip>
>My next option (groan) is to re-install EVERYTHING from scratch onto the
>mirrored door G4's boot drive. There are a few other reasons to do this
>(such as correcting allocation of licensed software on my network so that
>everyone will have a properly licensed copy of everything we use - I used
>the wrong serial numbers in two instances, so that sometimes one or another
>user on our LAN is denied access to Office or to Virtual PC. However, this
>is obviously a Herculian task and I've put up with inconvenience for quite
>some time because of it.
>
>The one remaining thought I had is that perhaps I have a corrupt font that
>is causing this. I have Suitcase X installed on the boot drive. Is there any
>likelihood that examining all my fonts might help?
>
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Jim Robertson

Before you do that, trash com.installer.plist. If that doesn't do it,
try creating a new user. If everything works for the new user, go
back and trash other preferences that might be related.
Fonts c9ould be a problem, but I think that would not show up at this stage.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html