[X-HW] Firewire Daisy-Chain

warwick teale warwick_teale at mac.com
Tue Jan 27 06:50:29 PST 2004

HI, yeah.. a suggestion.

May be an  issue of the failed drive may have been caused by having the
isight camera on the same FW "hub"/"chain  as the drive. Several others
and I had the same problem.

Method:

1) use isight camera by itself (only thing on FW path) when not powered
from FW hub (powered externally that is)
2) if necessity - then use isight camera through POWERED HUB (external
power to the hub) when connecting other FW devices.

Likely cause is that isight power consumption may cause some issues on
buss... but that's a guess!

Anyway, I had a 250GB drive hosed (lost all data (100GB) worth due this
problem.

hope that helps

hk