[X-HW] G5 fans at full throttle

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Mar 27 08:44:20 PST 2004

On 3/27/04 2:01 AM, "Cyril Blanc" <blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Did you open your Mac and did not put back the transparent plastic ?
> If not your heat censor is down !

Actually, when I opened the box the fans throttled down a bit to a lower
speed. When I close the clear plastic airflow management baffle, the fans
speed UP again!

I've taken it to my nearest Apple dealer. The service manager there told me
three things:

1. Apple first line telephone support is totally clueless.
2. They've had another G5 with this problem that could not be repaired.
3. They can do what they call "thermal recalibration" to adjust how the
sensors that control the fans respond.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jim Robertson