[X-HW] Deauthorizining iTunes

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Sat Oct 30 10:29:29 PDT 2004

Probably, the easiest thing to do is to send an email to the iTunes
store staff and ask them to deauthorize your acct's. Then just
reauthorize them one at a time. I had to do this when I sold my G4 MDD
and forgot to deauthorize it. They sent me back a slightly snotty reply
(see below) but they did it.

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting the iTunes Music Store.

We have manually deauthorized your registered computers from the iTunes
Music Store. You can now reauthorize the computers that you intend to
use.

To protect our customers' privacy, we generally do not perform this
service. However, in this case we have made an exception. If you plan
to sell or stop using a computer, be sure to deauthorize it before you
no longer have access to it.

The catalog of songs grows every week. Visit often to preview the
latest: