[X-HW] Switching to Safari and Mail ....

John Black harpitec at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 31 16:20:08 PST 2004

TDavis8810, sounds to me like you need to open System Preferences, then
in the SP window under the "Internet & Network" heading click
"Internet." In the "Internet" window that opens up click on the "Web"
tab, where the choice of default browser is offered. The drop-down
browser window will either show Safari as an option, which you should
highlight, or you'll need to click on "Select," which will open a
navigation window allowing you to find Safari on your hard drive
(probably in the "Applications" folder) and select it. Drag the Safari
icon to the dock for easy access. Then when you click on the icon,
Safari should open, provided you've selected it as the default browser
in the System Preferences "Internet" window.

Concerning Apple Mail drag the Mail icon to the dock, where you can
then easily open it. When you want to check email, click on the dock
Mail icon, opening the Mail application, which should then download
your mail from the AOL server.

If I've given any bad advice, you other experts straighten me out.

John Black
Nashville, TN

Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the
desires of your heart."