[X-HW] Visioneer 9020 USB Scanner Driver

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Tue Oct 25 16:59:19 PDT 2005

On Oct 23, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Kozdra Family wrote:

> I have a Visioneer 9020 USB Scanner that my father, an ex-PC
> junkie, gave to me when he finally gave in to the inevitable and
> bought a Mac.  I'd like to use this hardware rather than buy
> another scanner. Anyone know of a driver for it? Is there a generic
> USB scanner driver or something for Tiger?

Other than Image Capture, as mentioned by Ross, VueScan (http://
www.hamrick.com/) comes closest to what you're looking for.
Unfortunately Visioneer scanners are explicitly not supported because
they will not make their device interface public, but it can't hurt
to download it and try it.

Today's less than $100 scanner is better than yesterday's several
hundred dollar scanner. Getting a new Mac or VueScan supported
scanner is the way to go.

By the way, many people by VueScan and trash the software that comes
with their scanner as the bundled software if often quite feature
limited and/or poorly written.

If you do buy a new (and presumably not a Visioneer) scanner, be sure
to let Visioneer know why they didn't get a repeat customer.

Phil