[X-HW] airport extreme problems with os x 10.2.8

Scott Monk feelslikegrape at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 10:33:30 PDT 2005

Hi

I recently bought an airport extreme card for my g4 mirror drive door
model. I am having some problems connecting to the internet with it.
(im using os x 10.2.8).

The router were using is a D-Link. Does anyone know if that could be
the problem? i was under the impresion that the airport cards were
comaptible with other wireless routers not just the airport wireless
base station.

The problem is that i can connect to the router, and it asks for teh
password, so i type in the password and it says its connected and
shows the signal strength is fairly good (about 3/4). but i cannot get
an ip address. if i look in the internet prefereances it says an ip
and then underneath it says (self assigned)

also in the status field of the internet connect when im not connected
to anythign is says "computer to computer" and when i am connected to
a router it says "status unnavailable".

i dont think there is anythign wrong with the card. i think it is
something small maybe a setting somewhere i have to change? ANY help
is appreciated.

THANKS

Scott.