[X-HW] Transferring OS X to a new hard drive

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Thu Feb 1 00:06:53 PST 2007

Carbon Copy Cloner may also work for you--and it's donation ware.
<http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html>

Three things to consider:

	- CRT iMacs do not have USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, so your transfer speeds
will be slow.

	- Opening up a CRT iMac and replacing a drive is a chore. You will
want to get the Apple service PDF before you try it.

	- Before cloning the drive, I'd suggest you repair permissions, do
any pending system updates, and repair permissions again.

	- You can find the system version in "About This Mac" in the Apple
menu. 10.4 versions are "Tiger"; 10.3 is "Panther".