[X Newbies] iPrint for LaserWriter 300 (serial)

Randy B. Singer randy at mother.com
Sun Dec 1 12:08:57 PST 2002

Mark Gillingham said:

>I am still trying to keep my Personal LaserWriter 300 going in a Jaguar
>world. Currently it is working as a LocalTalk printer with OS 9 and
>Classic using a qDock serial to USB adaptor.
>
>Question, would the StyleWriter version of EtherMac iPrint Adapter SL
>work with this serial printer? That might get the printer on the
>network. Ideas?

The Personal LaserWriter 300 is a QuickDraw/serial-only printer.  It does
not have LocalTalk and it is not (normally) a networkable printer.

The EtherMac iPrint Adapter SL may well indeed work with it, but I doubt
that it will make it networkable.  However, OS X's printer sharing
feature isn't limited to just USB printers, so you just might be able to
use this setup to network the printer.

If you try it, I would love to hear how it works.

Randy B. Singer

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows, is like saying that all other restaurants serve food that is
inferior to McDonalds'.