[X Newbies] Diskwarrior and OS X

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 2 10:19:13 PST 2002

Albert W D'Amanda tapped out this message on 12/2/2002 12:56 PM

>Hello Again
>
>I believe what is being referred to here is that Apple is releasing
>"rumors"  that next year, all "new"  Apple machines will not be able to
>bootup on OS9.2

It's no rumor. In a few weeks, unless you get a "leftover", your machine
will not boot up in the standalone Os 9, but will only be able to run 9
apps from within the Classic "emulator".

>What does this really mean ?

Um, well, for me it meant I just bought some new machines....

>Does it mean that If I insert a  CD with  a bootable,  OS9.2 , blessed
>System Folder  installed , It will not bootup
>with the C key depressed?

I think so, yes.....?

>My copy of DiscWarrior boots up on its preinstalled OS9.2. I use it to
>check out an OSX volume with no problems
>But does Apple now mean that with its upcomming "new" machines, this
>will not happen?
>
>that's the question

I think you are right. I guess you would have to get a utility that would
boot up X from its CD then...
I am sure there will be some if not already..Drive 10 was mentioned.