[X Newbies] Automatic startup under Mac OS X

Bill White bill at macscripter.net
Mon Dec 2 18:46:00 PST 2002

> Has anyone found a solution to get Mac OS X to turn the computer on
> automatically in the morning like ole OS 9 used to do ?

If you're willing to spend $199 for one of the most incredibly useful and
incredibly underappreciated pieces of hardware available, check out
Sophisticated Circuits' elegant PowerKey Pro 650.

http://www.sophisticated.com/products/powerkey/pkp_650.html

It can start up and shut down at scheduled times, control sets of
peripherals, and even do its magic via telephone calls! The price is steep
but the product is amazing; I've owned a PowerKey Pro 600 for years and it
has more than paid for itself.

Bill