G4 is always asking me to update software

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Thu Dec 5 11:29:26 PST 2002

On 12/3/02 9:27 PM, "Anne Keller-Smith" <earthpigz at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Oh, and my present G4 is always asking me to update software, but
> I don't know if I want to and actually the last time I tried, stuff didn't
> download well because I am only on a dialup connection.

Anne, that's your Software Update Preferences. You can fix that by opening
your System Preferences, going to Software Update and turning off
"Automatically Check for Updates".

Hope that helps.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Mark Greco, Pamela Pfiffner, Virtix.com,
Holiday Gift Guide & Expo Special Report!
http://www.yourmaclife.com