Lots of Dock bouncing, slow launches

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Mon Dec 9 15:40:37 PST 2002

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:17:15 -0800
>Subject: [X Newbies]
>From: Steve St-Laurent <st-laur at telus.net>
>
>All of a sudden programs are bouncing a lot in the Dock, i.e. taking a
>l-o-n-g time to load. I've run Repair Permissions and fsck-ed and
>everything seems OK. Any ideas here? [Previously happy 10.2.2]
>-------------
>Steve St-Laurent <st-laur at holecomm.ca> <http://www.holecomm.ca>
>Hole-in-the-Wall Communications, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Are you using a an HP all in one printer? There is a know issue with
the  drivers slowing everything down.
Open to the terminal and type "top" to see what's hogging the processor.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html