[X Newbies] Mozilla v Netscape v Chimera

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Fri Dec 13 09:27:10 PST 2002

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 10:53  AM, Aaron Dickey wrote:

> Hi all, I was just wondering what the differences are between the
> three browsers listed in the subject line. Is there anything more to
> it other than Chimera is supposed to be smaller and faster, Netscape
> is a stable Mozilla with all the Netscape/AOL bloatware tacked on as
> always, and Mozilla is always the latest and greatest? Is there any
> real reason to keep all three of these on my hard drive?

well I'm sure everyone will have a different opinion on this one..
It's my understanding that the difference with Chimera is that it's a
'cocoa' version of Mozilla's  "gecko" engine ??
personally. .after having tried them all, I find Chimera to be the
fastest of any browser I have tried on my G4/450 MacOSX box..

Chimera does crap out on me every now and again. But considering it's a
0.6.0 version, and the speed alone makes up for the occasional crash
for me.

I switch between it and IE, but I have recently made Chimera my default
browser.

Kansas