[X Newbies] Booting FW Drive on a B&W

Randy B. Singer randy at mother.com
Fri Dec 13 17:40:46 PST 2002

Albert W D'Amanda said:

>Can this upgrading of the B&W firmware be done?

There is a firmware update for the B&W G3, but it does not allow you to
boot from a FireWire external hard drive.

>Is there an upgrade?

No, Apple has never released a firmware upgrade for the B&W G3 that will
allow it to boot from a FireWire drive.  The technote that I cited was
referring to other models, not the B&W G3, when they were referring to a
firmware update to allow booting.

>Or is that that  way the cookie crumbles !

Yes.  That way.

Randy B. Singer

Nothing I do is my fault. My family is dysfunctional and my parents won't
empower me! Consequently, I'm not self actualized! My behavior is
addictive functioning in a disease process of toxic codependency! I need
holistic healing and wellness before I accept any responsibility for my
actions! - Calvin and Hobbes