[X Newbies] downloading and playing sounds

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Mon Dec 23 14:27:25 PST 2002

At 12:15p -0800 2002/12/23, Chris Beamis wrote:
>I still have not figured out how to convert .wav to .aiff.

I just grabbed SoundHack v0.891 at <http://www.soundhack.com/>. I
opened a 3 MB WAV file, did a "Save Copy...", chose Audio AIF as the
format and Voila! I don't pretend to have followed this thread
closely but if it is conversion from WAV to AIFF format that is
sought then this app would seem to deliver. If you need batch
processing, drag and drop, etc. then you should at least see how
adaptable it might be. I haven't tested anything other than my tiny
trial above. Good Luck!
--
The first quality that is needed is audacity.
  - Sir Winston Churchill