[X Newbies] Brand New G4 Disc Start up

Albert W D'Amanda aldamanda at comcast.net
Sat Nov 23 09:26:34 PST 2002

On Sunday, November 17, 2002, at 02:39 PM, Chris Foote wrote:

> No, you can't start up from the install disk.

Hello
I am following this with interest on a "new" G4 option

I pose this scenario from a "newbie", potential , new Apple convert
perspective.

What you are saying is that I go to CompUSA, buy this G4 mini tower for
$1694( no monitor)  .
It has one internal drive with OS X.2 pre installed ; and it comes with
an installation disc that is not bootable. OK

I get it home . Power line surges corrupts my box, OK

How do I then boot up to reinstall  ? . Wait for "GODOT " to show up?
And while I am waiting I can use it as an expensive paper weight

  Is it any wonder that Apple is in financial trouble!
And why my daughter went for a Dell System!

albert

B&W Yosemite
Apple since 1985