[X Newbies] Using partitions?

William Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Mon Nov 25 11:19:29 PST 2002

On 11/25/02 7:20 AM, "Norman Rowe" <nrowe at pivot.net> wrote:

> I have a beige beige G3 266/420 with a 100 gig HD. In order to install
> OS X I was forced to partition this drive. One partition is now 7.9 gig
> with OS X 1.1.5 and the other is 92.1 with OS 9.2.2 on it. Everything is
> OK but I seem to be filling up the OS X partition while the OS 9
> partition has plenty of room. How can this be handled?
> Norm

Similar to my predicament, except I have only a 20GB drive.

What I did was move my iTune music and any video to the 9 partition, as they
seemed to be taking up the most room. An alias of the appropriate folder(s)
in my Home folder makes it almost seamless.
Make sure in iTunes to change the preference for music storage

--
Beige G3 DT 266(overclocked to 300)
640MB RAM