Ownership and Permissions on emailed files

Ian Sights isights at swbell.net
Tue Nov 26 07:10:23 PST 2002

I'm following up on my own post.
Yesterday I drove out to the same printer having trouble with another
of my files and found out first hand what the situation was.
I had been getting messages through a sales rep rather than from the
operator directly. ARgH!
It turns out that they are downloading onto one machine and then
immediately copying the files via their network to another workstation
to work on them. All running OS 8.6.
Something in the file causes the finder to say that the file can't be
moved because it is copy protected. This is an SEA created with
Dropstuff 6.5 under 10.2.2.
He didn't think to double click the SEA and save the files to the other
workstation, which worked perfectly when I tried it.
A flaw in data transmission? A problem with OS 8.6? Dropstuff setting
some bit that 8.6 sees as copy protection?
It's not a huge deal since I've shown them a way to work with any files
I might send in the future, but it is odd.

Thanks for the help.

Ian