[X Newbies] How the Grinch Stole 45GB of My Hard Drive

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 30 00:07:06 PST 2002

On 11/30/02 8:27, "Aaron Dickey" <thewar at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Now I know that with Unix, programs and files can sometime end up in
> strange places, and can often end up being invisible, so I thought I'd
> post here in case somebody could let me know of any Stupid Unix Tricks
> (or OS X Tricks) that might help find out what's suddenly sucking up
> half my drive space, 'cause I'm stumped.

Have you tried rebooting? You could have a whole bunch of invisible sway
files (used for virtual memory management).

Kirk

              Co-author of Microsoft Office v. X Inside Out
                http://www.mcelhearn.com/insideout.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .