[X Newbies] How the Grinch Stole 45GB of My Hard Drive

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 30 07:27:54 PST 2002

Tim Collier tapped out this message on 11/30/2002 9:35 AM

>Here's a suggestion:  I'd assume that since you're using a 17 inch
>display iMac it's probably still under the original Apple 1 year
>warrantee.  I'd call 1 800 MY APPLE and get some help from them.  I've
>spoken to them  before and they are VERY helpful and knowledgeable.
>And as for TheMacintoshLady, you're still not using OS X, you're using
>9 so why not do us all a favor and get the hell off of this list.  You
>have NOTHING of any significance to add and only malign the OS that
>really works VERY WELL.  You've already identified yourself as a
>"troll"......please just go away!

Troll? I don't think so...and I use X every day. I have 14 machines
here...and repair at least 2 each day, including software installs for
all OSes except of course, Windows.

But at least I got my answer now...there is no way to fix this except to
reboot...

(And I'm sure the person who titled their email "How the Grinch..." is
not a troll either, but just trying to inject some humor into their
frustration...<sigh>)