[X Newbies] How the Grinch Stole 45GB of My Hard Drive

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Sat Nov 30 09:11:42 PST 2002

On 11/30/02 16:05, "Fred Mallett" <fredm at famece.com> wrote:

> You will get many permission errors if you are not root, thus you may
> not find where the stuff is hiding unless you enable root login, and use
> that account.

I would suggest not logging in as root, but using sudo instead. If you
forget you have logged in as root, then make a mistake, it's reinstall time.

Kirk

      My forthcoming book: Unix for Mac OS X: Learning the Command Line
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .