[X Newbies] Deleting previous system?

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 7 06:12:37 PDT 2003

on 03/04/07 05:13, Mark Taintor at markwt at mac.com wrote:

> I upgraded to Jaguar last fall and just realized this morning that I still
> have a "Previous System" folder on my hard drive. Is there any reason I
> shouldn't delete that folder?

In my experience, I'd say you could delete it.   Here's the very careful way
to do it:

1.  Wait a couple days for other replies.

2. Make sure you have the capability to start this computer on another disk,
or can access this disk in target disk mode from another computer.

3.  Trash the "Previous System" folder.

4.  Restart.

5.  If you have any trouble, restart on your backup (step 1) and remove
things from the trash.

Jerry