Newbie with a Newbie Problem

Glenn McGaha Miller gm2 at visionary.nu
Mon Apr 7 18:24:51 PDT 2003

So I buy this Beige G3 off eBay which is to be my first
foray into the "modern" era. Said computer comes equipped
with two 4gb drives: One is 9.2.2 and the other is
"supposedly" 10.2. When I let this machine boot as it wants
to, there is momentarily a white background with an Apple
momentarily and then the slashed 0 symbol. Holding down "c"
while booting gets me into the 9.2.2 drive which then offers
to format the other.

My question is, is the OsX drive toast or can something be
done to reclaim whatever is on it? Thanks in advance,

---
gm2

Glenn McGaha Miller
Portfolio: http://www.visionary.nu