[X Newbies] My iBook seems out of control

Clive Read cliver at mercuryin.es
Tue Apr 8 12:32:55 PDT 2003

My iBook with Mac OS X seems out of control.

Almost all the files on my Desktop have 'disappeared' (are not
visible), though they are there if I look through 'find'. How can I get
them back?

ALSO

In 'mail', it used to be ME who chose which messages I read, but -
suddenly - the messages are opened as soon as they become the next in
line. It defeats the process I had of leaving all messages marked as
'unread' until I had time to read them.

Thanks in advance

Clive

__
When you need Help In Spain, you'll find it at
http://www.helpinspain.org
Rev Clive and Ann Read, on Spain's Costa Blanca   clive at cliveread.com