A Finder Puzzler

Diego Terneus dtern at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 14 16:24:03 PDT 2003

Hi, All

Here's something that has me puzzled since this weekend.
I changed, or rather, went through the steps necessary to change the icon in
my home directory (Users/xxx) in my powerbook. I found the icon I wanted,
copied it, opened the info box on my home directory, pasted the icon, but
the new image never appeared. I thought maybe i needed admin permissions to
change the icon in the home directory, thought it was too much trouble to do
it, and so forgot about it.
A little while later, I needed to copy some files from the powerbook to a
desktop (flat-panel iMac). Went through the routine to connect to the
powerbook, from the desktop machine and when it mounted, lo and behold! the
icon I had tried to paste on my home directory in the powerbook, shows up on
the finder window in the iMac. That is, on the iMac, my powerbook's home
directory has the new icon, but when I look in the powerbook itself, the old
icon is still there.
This is not a big deal problem, but it sure has me stomped!
Any ideas?