[X Newbies] How Do I determine what Firewall is running onmy machine?

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Thu Apr 17 15:44:41 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Apr 17, 2003, at 13:22 US/Central, Bill Morse wrote:

> I guess I was both dumb and unclear in my request ;^0

I understood what you meant. :)

> How do I determine *which* firewall is running? Would there be any
> tell-tale
> settings or files that I could look for?

The first thing I would check is for OSX's built-in firewall.  It is
located in Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing > Firewall tab.
If it says it is on, click Stop to turn it off.

If it is another program that you are running, what I would do is open
Process Viewer, as Diego suggested.  On the menu that says Show: I'd
first set it to User Processes, as this will narrow the number of items
displayed.

Gretchen