[X Newbies] email problems

cricket cricket at apple.com
Tue Apr 22 10:48:21 PDT 2003

A couple of things come to mind:

1. Do you have two accounts configured to point to the same mail server
and same user name
2. Do you have any rules that forward, redirect, or reply to messages
that send a message to your email address?
3. Are the messages that are duplicated going to a mailing list? If you
are on a list and someone sends a message to you, you will get two
copies, one directly to you and one coming from the list itself
4. You could have a messed up table of contents for one of your
particular mailboxes. Try doing a Rebuild Mailbox from the Mailbox menu
with the suspect mailbox selected

- cricket

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 11:30 AM, Hugh Evans wrote:

> All of a sudden - I am getting all my email messages twice (back to
> back) .... I do not think that I changed anything (Apple Mail).
>
> What configuration should I be looking at that could be at fault.

----->
Software Entomologist – Mail for Mac OS X
                 http://www.apple.com/macosx/jaguar/mail.html