[X Newbies] Jaguar on G3 iBook

RevBluejeans . mylasticposse at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 10:50:12 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 08:33AM, Art Amolsch <aamolsch at shentel.net> wrote:

>Works fine on my blueberry iBook with 192mb RAM.
>
>On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 07:58 AM, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm thinking of putting Jaguar on my laptop. Are there any
>> issues anyone wants to mention? It is now running 9.0.2.
>> 320mg RAM.
I have an iBook 600 with 384MB and it seems to run fine. It isn't as snappy on the resizing of windows because of the meager 8MB of video RAM, no Quartz Extreme here unfortunately. But other than that it works fine. T eo only thing I have noticed is that the battery life during sleep is not as good as it was. All in all, though, I will take the battery life and keep on going because it is much better, for me, than earlier versions of MacOS. Hope you like it.
Miles