[X Newbies] Jaguar on G3 iBook

Emmy emh at mac.com
Wed Apr 30 22:32:07 PDT 2003

At 10:16 PM -0400 4/30/03, Anne Keller-Smith wrote:

>At 1:54 PM -0800 4/29/03, Forrest Hill wrote:

> >I have OSX 10.2.5 on two of the original iBooks.  I recently upgraded RAM to the new 512 chips available for the early iBooks
>
>Thanks, Forrest and all, for the comments.
>
>A question: I thought the 256 chip maxed out the Graphite iBook. This
>was purchased in 2002. Can I get more RAM into it?

Didya catch the part where Forrest said:

"new 512 chips available for the early iBooks (avail at OWC, as well as
other online stores)"

I looked it up for ya: (Google plus 10 seconds of my time.)
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=749&Title=PowerBook%20G3s%20and%20iBook&Template=>

>If you have not already installed a larger
>>hard drive than the original 3GB or 6GB, now is the time to do so.
>
>What kind of hard drive could I get into an iBook?

Kind? The kind designed to replace the original one in iBooks. Info and choice available, for example, at OWC.
<http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Page.cfm?Parent=91&Title=2%2E5%22%20IDE%20%26%20SCSI%20for%20Laptops&Template=>

>I am a complete and utter newbie on this subject.

Rilly? Your sig indicates a bit of experience with Macs and the 'net.

>Down to Earth Web Design
>G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
>mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
>http://www.downtoearthweb.com