[X Newbies] Viruses on X

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Fri Aug 1 07:23:39 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Jul 31, 2003, at 21:51 Canada/Eastern, TheMacintoshLady
wrote:

> For two weeks I got the "hands on hips PROVE IT" garbage

That shouldn't be a problem. Most of these worms are well known and
thoroughly described. All you need to do is point the person to the
site of an anti-virus utility manufacturer, such as Symantec. For
instance, the w32.sobig.c at mm is one of the worms that uses -- among
others -- .pif files; an adequate description can be found at

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
w32.sobig.c at mm.html

A reasonable person shouldn't need more. I shouldn't waste my time with
the other kind. Life's too short.